10.28.2009

Living Room Reveal!

Woo hoo!  I've been focused on the living room since we moved a few weeks ago and wanted to get some pictures posted.  I really love the way it's shaping up so far and it's a room I've really enjoyed spending time in since the rug, window treatments and the wall hangings arrived last week. 

There's still much more to do, but just to give you a little taste, here's a few before and afters!

Before:

And AFTER:

                                  

The window treatments are bamboo roman shades flanked by grommeted canvas curtains from Ikea:  
                               

Here's a shot of our armchair complete with a whimsy canvas and green stitched pillow:

                                               

Closeup of pillow and striping on chair fabric:


Our sunburst mirrors (I'm scared they're hung a bit too high?  Do I need to lower them?)


And those superfun patterned pillows that I absolutely adore on the couch:

Among the to-do's for this room are to find lighting for the end tables (done in Nov 2009), accessorize the mantel and the nested end tables, find a new end table for the side of the couch by the windows, and OH YEAH.... finish off the media area which is currently in a state of quasi-disaster and looks like this.


Notice the exposed subfloor?  Yeah.  Nice huh?  But, it used to look like this so we're making progress at least:


So there ya have it folks, about 50% (maybe a bit more) of the first room redo in the house is complete.  What do you think? 

Source list: 
Couch & Striped armchair:  Bassett Furniture purchased in 2007
Rug: West Elm
Stitched Pillow: Ikea
Grommetted Curtains: Ikea
Bamboo Shades: Overstock.com
Orange Couch Pillows:  Nena Von on Etsy
Brown Couch Pillows: Bed Bath & Beyond
Sunburst Mirrors: Buy.com

20 comments:

Kari said...

Looks amazing!! I especially love the chair. :)

LoLo said...

Looks great!! You are putting me to shame, we've been here over a year and I haven't gotten that far!

I agree- lower the sunbursts a bit. I always hang too high on the first shot.

Dr. Cupcake said...

The mirrors only seem too high because you're too short. I think they are perfect, and I'm sure your hubs agrees with me :)

Sarah Maxey Photography said...

It looks beautiful!!! You guys are doing such a good job!

Heidi said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I LOVE it! Great job!

Cara Starr @ JohnsonManorisms said...

Stopping by from TDC's B&A party. We are working on very similar window treatments and just today I decided I'm changing my rod to a bigger chunkier one, and hanging my bamboo shades IN the windows rather than above. My curtains are from IKEA too! I love that store! Great room! Can't wait to see more.

Liz said...

Lovely!

Polly@MakeMineBeautiful said...

Not usually my style, but I can't seem to take my eyes off it. Hmmm, maybe I should rethink 'my style'.

It's wonderful.

Struggler said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love what you've done.
Not sure about the mirrors; if they are too high, it's only by a teeny bit. I love the 3 of them together!!

All Things Creative said...

Your style is lovely, the mirrors are the perfect height.

Quarter Lifer said...

I think the mirrors look great!

Do you happen to have the link to that Nena Von etsy shop? I love the pillows but can't find the shop! Thanks!

Erin said...

i came over from better after.

i love this room. i love your style. i really love the mirrors and i think they are hung at the perfect height. also, i think it may be in love with your rug :)

Lauren said...

Wow! I just found your blog from Decorating Obsessed and I love your living room! I am going to browse around now.. :)

Ann said...

Did you re-do that armchair??! I have nearly the exact same one, but the wood on the arms needs refinshing and so does the upholstery--would love to know if that's a diy!LOVE your room!ann@housefinally.blogspot

Leslie said...

Hi Ann! Wish I could say I reupholstered that chair, but we bought it as is :)

Amy said...

Wow! I especially love the mirrors, your couch and your rug. Looks so great!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is lovely. I love the mix of patterns and textures and especially that rug. I have a major need for that rug. ;)

Stopping over from Remodelaholic.

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

HI new follower here found ya at Remodelaholic where you are featured. I love love love what you have done with your room. Beautiful!

I would love for you to swing by my blog and join me as well.

Take care.
deb
http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Love the room. I am interested in what flooring and paint brand/color you used in the room. We just bought a home and are redoing the living room and I really like what you've done. Thanks!

Leslie said...

Erika I just emailed you the info! :)

Related Posts with ThumbnailsShare/Bookmark