Hola readers! Surprise! It’s a POST!
I know I’ve been MIA. I think that’s how it goes with house projects sometimes… you go through phases of super-motivation, and then you lag for awhile. And then you get motivated again. I totally own up to the fact that I am not consistent with this blog. So what, I say! :) It’s here for me when I want it. I’m such a user. ;)
Sooo… about 5 weeks ago, I got myself into a nasty skiing accident. We were in Steamboat, CO. Pwetty…
After 2 hours of skiing on our first day out, I got going a little too fast on a run, lost my center of gravity, and did a few somersaults down the side of the mountain. NOT. COMFORTABLE. I ended up breaking my leg in several places… the exact term is “tibial plateau fracture,” if you want to get all orthopedic surgeon on me. You know how your bones get wider at the ends? Well the top of my tibia (that’s the lower bone in the leg) broke into several pieces when I did my gymnastics trick in the snow. It kinda looks like this, except mine is broken in more places.
Apparently these kinds of breaks are quite popular for those who enjoy high velocity accidents from things like skiing, horseback riding, and driving too fast. Do I know how to party or WHAT!
So, I was therefore sentenced to 8 weeks on my boo-tay. It’s my right leg, so no driving. (Word to the wise: if you ever get a choice of which leg you’d like broken, choose the left.) No walking either. No weight bearing activity. Lots and lots of sitting. And laying down. And sitting some more. Lots of time to peruse the internet and get motivated to do some fun house projects when walking is again a part of daily life.
Here’s my list of things that are on deck for when I’m back in one piece again. I’m not making any promises, but I’ve definitely got the itch and I’m ready to get going on this house again. Here’s what I’m thinking:
1. MAJA update to my office. It’s currently looking like a Syrian war zone in there, and I’m ready to spruce her up. Love this inspiration from Tart House:
2. I ordered some samples of this product in toasted marshmallow, smores and spanish villa. Kitchen backsplash? Fireplace surround? We’ll see.
3. I am head over heels in love with this dining room. So in love that I called my husband the instant I saw it online and asked him to see if his boss would give him a raise so we could emulate it right away. Yes, we already have that rug in our living room, but it’s not about that… it’s more about the colors and the feel. Soooooo deeply in love. The table! The ghost chairs! The mirror! The fabric! The CHANDY! My cup runeth over.
Sarah from The Mom Jeans Memoir… you are a true talent.
4. Our master bedroom needs some interest. Like this kind of subtle interest that the ever-amazing Kate executed on her MBR wall, or Courtney did in his living room. Do you hear my heart going bump bump bump?
5. Oh, there are some other boring things that need done around here too, like painting trim, cleaning, mudjacking our driveway (zzzzzzzzzzz) and other non-exciting things. So I suppose I’ll add those to the list too. Begrudgingly.
So there you have it folks! I make no promises… heck I’m not even sure how long I’ll be able to stand once they let me weight bear again. But a girl can dream, right?