Long weekends, oh how I love you. I think I woke up a thousand times more refreshed today than I have on any other Monday for quite some time. What a difference that extra day makes! I think I will run for president with permanent 3-day weekends as my platform. I will most likely win. :)
The Mister and I didn’t have much on the docket this weekend, so we busied ourselves by doing little projects here and there and making lots of pretty and yummy things.
What I made this weekend:
- Bacon Jam
- Finished an additional moss wreath for a friend
- Honey Chipotle Glazed Chicken… quite tasty if you like a sweet and spicy sauce
- Made summer’s first round of roasted red peppers on the grill… love having these around for salads and wraps
- Whipped up a recipe of Chipotle Barbacoa for some nachos later this week
- Made my favorite summer salad for the first time this year – Corn Salad. I like to add avocado or fresh mozzarella for an additional layer of tastiness
- Begun work on bedazzling my cane that I am temporarily carrying due to my bum leg:
Oh yes, I know you’re jealous. Basically, walking around with a cane sucks, so I am on a mission to make it more fun. More on this little whipper snapper later this week! Enjoy the short week everyone!