10.17.2012

Phoebe’s Nursery

I am 19 weeks pregnant so it’s time to start work on our little girl’s nursery!  I have been obsessing over fabrics and paint colors since I found out we were expecting, so now that we know it’s a girl, it’s finally go time.  We are expecting Miss Phoebe Kate to arrive on March 10th!

Originally, I wanted a coral and mint color palette, inspired by the Caitlin Wilson Textiles collection.  While I still love this palette, I decided to change it up to something a little less commonly used in nurseries (and not $60 a yard).  I think I’ve finally settled on a palette of poppy red, orchid pink and apricot with hints of latte and cream woven throughout.  In the end, we wanted the nursery to be a calming space – nothing too loud or overpowering.  I also want it to be a space that she can grow into over the years.  Some neutral with pops of color… you can’t go wrong with that formula.

So here’s the overall feel:

OB-phoebe's nursery2

Walls: The walls are already a neutral color, so I think we’ll break them up by adding a cream stripe in 9” increments around the room as seen here.  Or, maybe a wallpapered focal wall behind the crib.  Still deciding.

Crib and textiles: The crib will incorporate the poppy red zig zag and dot fabric with a polka dot sheet in neutral colors, and the curtains will be made from this fabric from Tonic Living, which was the color palette inspiration for the room.

Furniture: We have a white double dresser that we’ll use (that will also double as a changing table.  Plans are to buy this crib.  For the glider, we’re leaning towards something from the Best Chairs line, upholstered in a greige fabric with white piping.  Again, something neutral that we can reuse in another room down the road.  I am majorly crushing on this side table from West Elm, too.  Not sure if the surface will be large enough for a side table next to the glider (only 12.5” square) but I love the look of a little glam mixed in with all the neutrals.

Accessories: While there’s no hard and fast plan for the accessories, I do really love these two prints.  (Bonus, the second one is a freebie!)  I also really like the zinc letters from Anthro, and this floral light fixture

Updates forthcoming! :)

3 comments:

Amy R. said...

Love it, Leslie!

Sarah said...

Love. Love, love love. Can't wait to see more.

Sarah said...

LOVE. Love, love, love. Can't wait to see more.

Related Posts with ThumbnailsShare/Bookmark